Dr. Clark's Book Page
Little George and Mr. Ralph's Blog
Collected Links (Not Updated or Checked)
Anaerobic Growth and Fermentation in Escherichia coli
Articles in Professional Journals (since 2000)
- Clark, D.P. 2010. Germs, Genes, & Civilization: How Epidemics Shaped Who We Are Today. Financial Times Press/Pearson
- Madigan, M.T., Martinko, J.M., Stahl, D.A. and Clark, D.P. 2010. Brock Biology of Microorganisms, 13th edition, Pearson Benjamin-Cummings, San Francisco.
- Madigan, M.T., Martinko, J.M., Dunlap, P.V. and Clark, D.P. 2009. (published February, 2008) Brock Biology of Microorganisms, 12th edition, Pearson Benjamin-Cummings, San Francisco. ISBN 0-13-2232460-1.
- Clark, D.P. 2005. Molecular Biology: Understanding the Genetic Revolution. Elsevier/Academic Press, San Diego, CA. (Translations: German, 2005, and Chinese, 2007)
- Clark, D.P. and Russell, L.D. 2005. Molecular Biology Made Simple and Fun. Cache River Press/Quick Publishing, St. Louis, MO. 3rd edition. (Translations: Korean, 2007)
- Clark, D.P. and Russell, L.D. 2000. Molecular Biology Made Simple and Fun. Cache River Press, Vienna, IL. 2nd edition. (Translations: Chinese, 2000).
- Clark, D.P. and Russell, L.D. 1997. Molecular Biology Made Simple and Fun. Cache River Press, Vienna, IL. (Click here to see Kelby and Dave planning the book.)
- To View Abstracts of All Publications Since 1996 Click Here
- Dailly, Y.P., Leonardo, M.R. and Clark, D.P. 2008. Role of the AdhR Protein in Regulating the adhE Gene of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. (submitted).
- Clark, D.P. and Cronan, J.E. 2005. Two-Carbon Compounds and Fatty Acids as Carbon Sources. Module 3.4.4 In:Neidhardt F.C., et al. (Eds.). Escherichia coli and Salmonella. Cellular and Molecular Biology. ASM, Washington D.C. 3rd edition. Publisher link, login required
- Sawers, R.G. and Clark, D.P. 2004. Fermentative Pyruvate and Acetyl-CoA Metabolism. Module 3.5.3 In: Neidhardt F.C., et al. (Eds.). Escherichia coli and Salmonella. Cellular and Molecular Biology. ASM, Washington D.C. 3rd edition. Publisher link, login required
- Espinosa, A., Clark, D.P., and Stanley, S.L., Jr. 2004. Entamoeba histolytica alcohol dehydrogenase 2 (EhADH2) as a target for anti-amoebic agents. J. Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 54:56-59. PubMed link
- DeSantis, G., Liu, J., Clark, D.P., Heine, A., Wilson, I.A. and Wong, C.H. 2003. Structure-based mutagenesis approaches toward expanding the substrate specificity of D-2-deoxyribose-5-phosphate aldolase. Bioorg Med Chem. 11:43-52. PubMed link
- Kaga, N., Umitsuki, G., Clark, D.P., Nagai, K. and Wachi, M. 2002. Extensive overproduction of the AdhE protein by rng mutations depends on mutations in the cra gene or in the Cra-box of the adhE promoter. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 295:92-97. PubMed link
- Parry, J. and Clark, D.P. 2002. Identification of a CysB-regulated gene involved in glutathione transport in Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol. Letts. 209:77-81. PubMed link
- Wachi, M., Kaga, N., Umitsuki, G., Clark, D.P. and Nagai, K. 2001. A novel RNase G mutant that is defective in degradation of adhE mRNA but proficient in the processing of 16S rRNA precursor. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 289:1301-1306. PubMed link
- Dailly, Y.P., Mat-Jan, F. and Clark, D.P. 2001. Novel alcohol dehydrogenase activity in a mutant of Salmonella able to use ethanol as sole carbon source. FEMS Letts. 201:41-45. PubMed link
- Espinosa, A., Yan, L., Zhang, Z., Foster, L., Clark, D.P., Li, E. and Stanley, S.L. 2001. The bifunctional Entamoeba histolytica alcohol dehydrogenase 2 (EhADH2) enzyme is necessary for amebic growth and survival and requires an intact and functional C-terminal domain for both alcohol dehydrogenase and acetaldehyde dehydrogenase activity. J Biol. Chem. 276:20136-20143. PubMed link
- Jiang, G.R., Nikolova, S. and Clark, D.P. 2001. Regulation of the ldhA gene, encoding the fermentative lactate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli. Microbiology 147:2437-2446. PubMed link
- Chatterjee, R., Millard, C.S., Champion, K., Clark, D.P. and Donnelly M.I. 2001. Mutation of the ptsG gene results in Increased production of succinate in fermentation of glucose by Escherichia coli. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 67:148-154. PubMed link
- Holland-Staley, C.A., Lee, K-S., Clark, D.P. and Cunningham, P.R. 2000. Aerobic activity of Escherichia coli alcohol dehydrogenase is determined by a single amino acid. J. Bacteriol. 182:6049-6054. PubMed link
- Dailly, Y.P., Bunch, P.K. and Clark, D.P. 2000. Comparison of the fermentative alcohol dehydrogenases of Salmonella typhimurium and Escherichia coli. Microbios 103:179-196. PubMed link
- Gupta, S., Mat-Jan, F., Latifi, M. and Clark, D.P. 2000. Acetaldehyde dehydrogenase activity of the AdhE protein of Escherichia coli is inhibited by intermediates in ubiquinone synthesis. FEMS Letts. 182:51-55. PubMed link
- Zabel, M.D., Bunch, P.K. and Clark, D.P. 2000. Regulation of the thdF gene, which is involved in thiophene oxidation by Escherichia coli. Microbios 101:89-103. PubMed link
did i ever tell you that mrs mccave
had twenty three sons and she named them all dave?
well, she did. and that wasnt a smart thing to do.
you see, when she wants one and calls out 'yoo-hoo!
come into the house, dave!' she doesnt get ONE.
all twenty three daves of hers come on the run!
this makes things quite difficult at the mccaves'
as you can imagine, with so many daves.
and often she wishes that, when they were born,
she had named one of them bodkin van horn
and one of them hoos-foos. and one of them snimm.
and one of them hot-shot. and one sunny jim.
and one of them shadrack. and one of them blinkey.
and one of them stuffy. and one of them stinkey.
another one putt-putt. another one moon face.
another one marvin o'gravel balloon face.
and one of them ziggy. and one soggy muff.
one buffalo bill. and one biffalo buff.
and one of them sneepy. and one weepy weed.
and one paris garters. and one harris tweed.
and one of them sir michael carmichael zutt
and one of them oliver boliver butt
and one of them zanzibar buck-buck mcfate...
but she didnt do it. and now its too late.